The College attaches utmost importance to maximum publicity and hundred percent transparency in its Admission Process. Besides publicizing all its admission-related notifications in the prospectus of the college and in its website, the college makes sure that all such notifications are put up on the notice board of the college. Transparency in the whole Admission Process is scrupulously maintained: the merit list, prepared on the basis of merit, is treated as something very sacrosanct and is displayed in the college notice board as well as in the college website at each stage of its operation. Although the college is always accommodative and ready to extend help to the students seeking admission, it never compromises with the rules of admission. The Merit List and all the subsequent developments such as various counseling and their outcome in terms of the latest position of the waiting ones in the list are all displayed through notifications in the website and on the notice board as well.
As per the instruction of the Govt. of W. B., the college launches online admission to UG courses for the session 2015-2016. The prospectus, application form and other relevant details are available at the admission website admission.pdwomenscollege.org and college website www.pdwomenscollege.org. The candidates are advised to familiarise themselves with the online admission procedure by reading carefully all the relevant information available on the website.
A glimpse of document verification process of online admission 2015 - harmony of teaching and non-teaching staff
The Admission Sub-Committee is comprised of the following members:
1. Dr. Shanti Chhetry, Principal
2. Dr. Uday Sankar Agarwalla, Convenor
3. Smt. Pampa Roy Choudhury
4. Dr. Anil Kumar Biswas
5. Dr. Somdatta Bhattacharyya
6. Dr. Manabendra Nath Moitra
7. Smt. Sisodhara Syangbo
8. Smt. Sumana Mukherjee
9. Sri Sisir Sing
10. Sri Sudipta Dey
11. Smt. Duna Saha
12. Sri Gadadhar Pal (Head Clerk)
13. Sri Subrata Das (Accountant)
14. Sri Arindam Chowdhury (Office Staff)
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Degree Courses
• Applicants must have passed in at least four subjects excluding Environmental Studies with English as compulsory subject in the H.S. (10+2) or equivalent examination recognized by the University of North Bengal.
• Candidates applying for Honours Courses require (i) either 55% in the Aggregate or (ii) 50%in the Aggregate with 60% marks in the subject concerned.
• For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks for eligibility shall be (i) 50% marks in the Aggregate or (ii) 45% in the Aggregate with 60% in the subject concerned.
• Application for B.A. Hons. in Economics must have passed in Mathematics / Business Economics including Business Mathematics at the H.S. or its equivalent examination
• Applicants for Chemistry (Hons.) and Physics (Hons.) at B.Sc. level must have passed in Mathematics in the H.S. or its equivalent examination.
• Applicants for Chemistry (General), Physics (General) and Computer Science (General) at B.Sc. level must have passed in Mathematics in the H.S. or its equivalent examination.
• Students of Higher Secondary (Vocational) Course (10 + 2 levels) are eligible to apply only for the 1st year General course of B.A., B.Sc.
Online Submission of application forms for admission to the B.A./B.Sc. Part-I (Hons. and general courses)
• Students are to register their user account using their e-mail address by visiting the college admission website admission.pdwomenscollege.org before submitting the Application.
• Next, students have to apply through online application form within the prescribed date.
• After filling up the online application form, a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) plus bank commission of Rs. 20/- (Rupees twenty only) is chargeable from applicants. Candidates may pay additional charge of Rs. 30/- (Rupees thirty only) if hostel accommodation option is required. For payment of the application fee, the candidate may download the three fold challan from the college admission website after filling up of application form and make the payment in any branch of the Allahabad Bank during banking hours. E-challan is the only mode of payment for this year’s admission. The application will be completely ignored if payment of application fee is not done.
• Provisional merit list will be displayed only on the admission website and cannot be obtained from the college office. Then final merit list will be published.
• After that, Allotments will be published according to merit list and availability of seats. Candidates who received seat allotments have to Lock their choice and print the Admission fee E – challan, final Application Form and Rank Card of the selected course then pay admission fee to bank through the printed E - challan.
• Admission dates will be notified after allotments.
• All information/notification regarding online admission will be available, time to time, in the college website at www.pdwomenscollege.org and admission website at admission.pdwomenscollege.org.
Documents required during verification for admission
1. Original marksheet of H. S. or equivalent examination.
2. Original admit card of H. S. or equivalent examination.
3. Original admit card of M. P. or equivalent examination.
4. Original SC/ ST/ OBC certificate from SDO if you belong to one of these categories.
5. Certificate of disability from a Govt. Hospital if you claim seat in Physically Challenged category.
6. Proof of communication address (For candidates seeking hostel accommodation)
7. Signed copy of application form along with self attested photocopies of the documents mentioned above.
8. Counterpart of the paid bank challan.
9. Rank card for the course (Honours/ General).
10. Anti-ragging affidavits by the applicant and her guardian (can be downloaded from Prospectus and Forms section).
Selection Criteria (for Honours course)
Merit list for admission in B.A. / B.Sc. 1st year Honours Course prepared on the basis of credit calculated as per the guidelines stipulated by the University of North Bengal.
Credit = (2S + T) / 6
Where, S = Marks obtained in the Honours Subject.
T = Total of the marks obtained in Honours Subject, English and two other best subjects (excluding EVS & English)
Selection Criteria (for General course)
Merit list for admission in B.A. / B.Sc. 1st year General Course is prepared on the basis of the credit calculated as per the guidelines stipulated by the University of North Bengal.
Credit = T/4
Where, T= Total of best 4 subjects including English & excluding EVS.
Admission fee structure
|Sl. No.||PARTICULARS||B.A. (Gen)||B.A. (Hons.)||B.A. (Geo-Gen)/ B.Sc. (Gen)||B.A. (Geog-Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.)|
|3.||University Regn. Fee||250.00||250.00||250.00||250.00|
|7.||College Exam. Fee||30.00||30.00||30.00||30.00|
|8.||Student Aid Fund||10.00||10.00||10.00||10.00|
|11.||Student’s Health Home||5.00||5.00||5.00||5.00|
In addition to the above fees, students taking Computer Science (General), Physical Education (General), TTM and Computer Applications as career oriented course will have to pay additional fees as follows:
i) Computer Science (General): Rs. 1200.00 per annum
ii) Physical Education (General): Rs. 1600.00 per annum
iii) TTM: Rs. 1800.00 per annum
iv) Computer Application: Rs. 1200.00 per annum
N.B. TUITION AND OTHER FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGES AS PER DIRECTION OF THE GOVT. OF WEST BENGAL / G.B. OF THE COLLEGE.