Department of Computer Science started its journey in the year 1998. The department offers Computer Science in Under Graduate (B.Sc. General Course) and Computer Applications in Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma courses under Career Oriented Programme (COP) with Annual based credit system. There is sufficient number of computers presently available in the department. Each student can sit and practice with individual computer making computer and student ratio 1:1.
Pass Percentage of the students in last three years (in B.Sc.):
|Student progression||Against % enrolled|
|UG to PG||67.7% (20014-15)|
Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:
- Interactive sessions and discussions
- Regular tutorial classes
- Power Point presentations (Audio-Visual and ICT based learning)
- Extra classes for revision, consultation and special guidance
- Providing class notes, study materials and text book suggestions as par requirement.
- Using Internet for study of topics related to the syllabus
- Special attention to weaker students
Strength of the department:
- Teacher-Student cordial relationship makes up the educational environment
- Students' involvement in discussion about emerging technologies
- Dust free air conditioned laboratory room
- 1:1 student - computer ratio in laboratory during practical sessions
- Internet connection with each computer
- Teacher-Student ratio being 1:7, teacher can concentrate upon individual students to check their progress.
- ICT enabled teaching process help lectures being attractive and helpful for the students
- The computers are connected via LAN for sharing data and information.
- Provision of e-book facility
Future Plans of the department:
- Setting up a departmental library
- Increasing number of updated computers
- Up gradation of existing software / programs
- Centralized UPS system for all the computers
- Wi-Fi service in the department